Monday, November 26, 2012

D'day from MorrisTown

a large howdy to yall.

 First a thanks to Brother Watts for the christmas card that he sent. Also thanks to Sister Flanary and Sister Wells(?) for the letters also. Morristown is holding down just fine. Other than the work. We have two investigators who we picked back up and other than that  really nothing is going on. There was an earthquake. 4.5 but i didnt feel it because we were in the car. 

Also I have learned a little more hillbilly/redneck talk. check out this word. Jeet. It means "Did you eat?" or "have you eaten already" haha. reminds me of my first day when i like to talk to spanish people more than the deep southerners. Johnny asked me "if there are  twentysix "twenisic" sheep and one of them dies how many sheep are there?" i said twenty five but the answer was nineteen. he said twenty sick sheep not twenty six.. jaja.

Other memories. My last companion Elder Harwood, said to brother Roman, on the way to an appointment. Ten cuidado, el policia me perdio aqui" which he thought ment, be careful. the cops pulled me over here. but really it means the cops gave birth do me. :) life is good as you can see. 

My compaion and i have been having a few afflictions (struggles) but then again who doesnt. The work isnt easy for us and it sure wasnt easy when christ was on the cross. We have not been able to find anyone to teach really, the ward members are cool but the people that we have tracted into don want nothing to do with us. 

When we allow him to help us out all will be well.

PS 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all.

Alma 26:27 Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success.

The real thing to keep in your mind is from the book of Nahum chapter 1 verse 9 i believe.
"What do you suppose against the lord, he will make an utter end? affliction shall not rise up a second time"

Much love Elder Toomey
622 S liberty hill Rd Morristown TN 37813

"Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation." Habbakkuk 3:18

and Alma 26:12 & 17 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever. Now if this is boasting, even so will I boast; for this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo. Yea, blessed is the name of my God, who has been mindful of this people



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment